We are grateful for your interest
If you want to be part of something new, exciting, and ripe with opportunities to grow professionally then we’re glad you found us. It’s an incredibly exciting time at Jiobit as we scale our business and deliver best in class (and award-winning) location tracking solutions for families and businesses. As a Customer Quality Engineer, you will be directly impacting our end-user experience. You will have a tremendous opportunity for growth as you work cross-functionally with the product and customer experience teams to deliver best-in-class support to our users. Every day brings new challenges and new opportunities to contribute to our company’s success. Most importantly, we thank you for your interest. We recognize that the job search and interview process is time-consuming and we’re grateful that you’re considering Jiobit.
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for supporting product development to work alongside our embedded software engineering and customer experience teams. Success in this role begins with eagerness to deeply understand technologies and predict how they may fail and inventiveness to come up with elegant methods for championing high quality for Jiobit’s customers.
This role will have the potential to become Lead Support Engineer who would be tasked to build a team around Technical Support.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Driving cross-functional technical teams to identify containment and determine root cause for customer issues.
- Working closely with the customer experience team to fully understand issues from a quality perspective.
- Escalating potential issues to Jiobit’s management to avoid customer disruption and ensure quality.
- Providing cross-functional teams with customer priorities.
- Resolving complex issues through in-depth data mining, hands-on technical analysis and strong technical leadership while automating routine tasks.
- Making decisions and determining root cause based on well-thought-out data and facts.
- Improving efficiency via metrics optimization and monitoring such as RMA cycle time, repeat failures, issues affecting multiple customers, etc.
- Designing, managing, and executing software test methodologies:
- Developing automated test & continuous integration tools.
- Suggesting and driving design testability improvements for quality Software.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (ECE) or equivalent work experience.
- 1-5 years work experience developing software with a wide breadth of knowledge (design, characterization, test, reliability, failure analysis).
- Customer management experience.
- Experience in PC or mobile/wearables industry with a primary focus on test engineering and applications.
- Strong verbal and written skills. Ability to clearly organize and articulate information.
- Ability to influence others to overcome complex challenges, drive to a decision, or inspire new ways of thinking.
- Global team player, open to change, can-do attitude, and demonstrated process improvement leadership.
- Solid product debug experience.
- Quality/Engineering function in embedded systems, mobile, wearables, IoT or related industry.
- Hands-on knowledge/application of quality tools, statistics, and problem-solving techniques.
- Work experience using Python Relational Databases.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
- Expertise in embedded software
- Embedded systems/mobile/wearable IoT systems knowledge
- High-level understanding of the key components such as RF, power management, device drivers, modems, IP stack, etc. and how they are expected to interact
- Understanding what certain failure symptoms point to in terms of areas contributing to customer issues.
- Test instrumentation automation (eg. GPIB)
- Software unit testing frameworks
- Simulator development
- Code coverage tools
- Static analysis tools
- Android or iOS development
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Unlimited time off to juggle work/life balance
- Flexible work hours and location (optional work from office, expected work from home through most, if not all, of 2020)
- Medical, dental, vision insurance (including 50% contribution for dependents)
- Paid holidays
- Short-term / Long-term Disability offered
- Competitive Stock Option & Equity Packages
- Cash compensation between $60,000 and $80,000, with performance and milestone driven adjustments
MORE ABOUT US
Jiobit is the first of its kind patented location sharing platform, enabling the longest lasting and smallest real-time location products (indoor or out) with best-in-class security.
Featuring a host of encryption and security technologies, Jiobit is trusted by thousands of pet owners and families, as well as enterprise customers, with usage in every populated continent in the world.
- Our mission is to provide the right information at the right time to the right people.
- We believe that caregivers should have a single source of helpful information to guide growth and reduce stress
- We envision a world where families move forward with ease using a single source of helpful information
- Everything we do and everyone who works here is centered around this mission
- Basically, this is the moment you opt-out if you’re not into it
- We provide competitive compensation, generous stock options, ample benefits, and clear and concise pathways to personal and professional growth within the organization
Jiobit has won an Editor's Choice Award with PCMag and has been featured on CNBC, Buzzfeed, Techcrunch, and USA Today to name a few. Jiobit has offices in Chicago and Silicon Valley. With a strategic investment from Netgear, Inc., along with Chicago-based Venture Capital firm, MATH Venture Partners, we are positioning the business for rapid growth.