Mobile Developer (Android)
Menlo Park, CA or Chicago, IL
We are seeking a software engineer with proven experience in Android app development (iOS experience is desired, but not required), including architecture, coding, debugging, Google Play submission process and maintenance.
The ideal candidate understands how to architect the app components, prioritize and delegate development tasks, and ensure high quality and on time delivery. This opportunity allows you to build something from scratch with an incredible team in a fast-paced startup environment.
This role will work alongside UX and product counterparts and will report to the Head of SW Engineering.
You’ll be responsible for…
- Design, coding, debug and maintenance of the Jiobit’s Android app
- Working with our awesome product team in the implementation and testing of the app
- Delivering the highest quality app experience on time
Why we want you:
- Solid knowledge of the general CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structure, object orientation, etc)
- Proficiency with Java language
- Proficiency with Android development platform and libraries
- Solid understanding of threads and concurrency
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with Android optimizations to reduce battery consumption and data usage
- Experience with Android performance and memory tuning, debugging and finding/resolving memory leaks
- Familiarity with BLE and Bluetooth APIs (ideal)