Last revised: July 20, 2016
- How We Use and Share Your Information
- Access to Your Information and Choices
- Security of Your Information
- Consent to Processing of Personal Data in United States
- Questions and How Contact Us
2. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide to us, for example when you create or modify your account, register to use our Site or Service, purchase products or services from us, including the Device, request information from us, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include:
- Home address
- Work address
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Credit / debit card number (solely for payment purposes)
- Bank or financial account number
- User generated content (blog posts, feedback, comments, photos, videos, messages, social media)
- WIFI access point passwords
Information We Collect Through Your Use of our Site and Service
Google Analytics / Intercom
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site and the Service. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer of mobile device, to help Company analyze how users use the Site and the Service. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Site or use the Service by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/). We may also use Google Analytics Advertising Features to provide you with interest-based advertising based on your online activity. For more information regarding Google Analytics please visit Google's website, and pages that describe Google Analytics, such as www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org). Please note that if you choose to opt out, you will continue to see ads on our Site and in the App, but they will not be based on how you browse, shop or otherwise interact with our Site or the Service.
Additionally, we use Intercom, an online customer communication platform suite, to collect certain information relating to your use of the Site in order to facilitate our communications with you and other users. For more information regarding Intercom’s services, please visit Intercom’s website, and pages that describe Intercom’s services and information collection practices, such as https://docs.intercom.io/pricing-privacy-and-terms/intercom-inc-privacy-policy.
Information Collected Through Cookies and Similar Technologies
A Special Note about Children Under Age 13
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), the Site is not designed or intended to attract the use of children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may not attempt to register with us at the Site or provide any personal information about yourself to us without verifiable consent from a parent or guardian. We intend to collect information about children under the age of 13 only as provided by the child’s parent or legal guardian on the Site, or through use of our Service with prior consent of a child’s parent or legal guardian.
If we have collected information from your child under the age of 13 with your consent as a parent or guardian, you may Contact Us in order to: (1) review any of your child’s personal information that we have collected; (2) request we delete some or all of your child’s personal information; and/or (4) refuse to allow further collection or use of your child’s personal information. We will require you to provide us with sufficient identification before providing access to, or acting upon, such personal information. If we are required or authorized by law to do so, we may refuse access or refuse to take such steps. If you wish to prevent collection of your child’s personal information through use of the Service, you must prevent your child from using the Device.
If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without consent from such child’s parent or guardian, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 without such verifiable consent, please Contact Us.
3. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information to:
- provide products and access to services that you purchase using the Site or access using the Services;
- respond to your inquires or requests;
- register your user account;
- contact you about your orders;
- process credit card and debit card transactions;
- ship products to you;
- send you information about the Service or our products (such as maintenance or security information, promotional materials, surveys, or other advertisements about the Service or products);
- comply with applicable law or legal process;
- provide to a third party for their own use, such as marketing, but only if you have specifically opted-in to such third party sharing;
- investigate suspected fraud, harassment, danger to persons or property or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or the terms or policies for the Service or our business partners;
- share with law enforcement and other parties trying to locate a lost child;
- develop and enhance our own data, such as through tracking the location of your Device, provided that any disclosures of such data does not specifically identify you, your Device or your specific location;
- share non-personal or de-identified information with any number of parties, including analytics companies, technology providers and other business partners; or
- combine it with data from other sources outside of your use of the Service, such as data obtained from radio frequency technologies within range of your Device.
Additional Sharing with Third Parties. We may provide information to third party vendors and subcontractors that help us operate and manage our Site, process orders, and fulfill and deliver products and the Service that you purchase from us. These vendors and subcontractors will have access to your personal information in order to provide these services, but when this occurs we implement reasonable contractual and technical protections, including obligations of confidentiality, to limit their use of that information to helping us provide the service.
We may also share your personal information with third parties who may contact you about our products and services that may be of interest to you.
We belong to ad networks that may use your browsing history across participating websites to show you interest-based advertisements on those websites. Currently, our Site and the App do not recognize if your browser sends a “do not track” signal or similar mechanism to indicate you do not wish to be tracked or receive interest-based ads. To learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options, visit the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative websites (www.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org).
Your Consent. In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Company when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share personal information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Company, our users, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
Auto Deletion of Data: We may automatically delete data from a Device in connection with a returned or terminated account or device, or as necessary to protect against unauthorized access to the data.
Data Retention: We may retain your information for as long as we feel that there is a business need or benefit to do so. This will include retaining location-based information.
Data Access: Data collected through use of the Device and/or the App, including location information, frequency of use and emergency contact information is generally not available to customers for their own, direct access.
4. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can access and update certain information we have relating to your online account by signing into your account and going to the “Account Management” section of our Site or the App. If you have questions about personal information we have about you or need to update your information, you can Contact Us. You can opt-out of receiving marketing and promotional e-mails from Company by clicking Unsubscribe here or by using the opt-out or unsubscribe feature contained in the e-mails.
5. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please note that e-mails and other communications you send to us through our Site or the App are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means.
6. CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), in order to provide our Site and the Service to you, we may send and store your personal information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our Site and the Service, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
8. QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US
222 W Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1212
Chicago, IL 60654